Speechwriter for Defence and Space (f/m/d)8. November 2022
Für ein interessantes und anspruchsvolles Projekt bei Airbus in Taufkirchen suchen wir zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt einen Speechwriter for Defence and Space (f/m/d).
The Strategy, Brand and Content team provides the strategic content framework and planning capacity to ensure that relevant comms activities and assets are delivered to all stakeholders on time, on brand and aligned with our Purpose, strategy, and business priorities.
The team drives the creative storytelling that strengthens and promotes the Airbus brand and reputation worldwide.
As part of the Airbus Strategy, Brand and Content team (GB), the AD Speechwriter jobholder acts as a key strategic advisor to the CEO of Airbus Defence and Space (AD) and occasionally to other Executives, and is responsible for researching, compiling, creating, editing, and adapting communications for speeches, panel discussions, letters etc.
The jobholder reports to the HO Strategy, Brand and Content and works closely with the HO AD comms and corporate comms teams to align and prioritise.
This role is also available with reduced weekly hours and an adapted scope of tasks.
- Writing and editing a broad range of communications assets in both English and German for the CEO of Airbus Defence and Space, and on occasion for other Executives. This includes speeches, talking points, video scripts, briefings, position papers (in collaboration with political affairs), op-eds (in collaboration with the press team)…
- Provide strategic recommendations, guidance, and language for CEO speaking and thought leadership opportunities, including positioning and messaging on key topics both internally and externally in order to measurably increase reach, influence, and impact of the DS brand & CEO
- Ensuring alignment with the company Purpose, strategic focus topics, and business priorities, including regional specificities; interacting frequently with key stakeholders to remain up to date on company strategy and priorities
- Maintaining the library of DS executive comms assets and ensuring its accessibility to colleagues
- Contributing to overall company positioning in close collaboration with content strategists, internal and external comms colleagues.
(Aufgabenstellung in Englisch, da Projektsprache)
- Kommunikationswissenschaften, Politikwissenschaften : mindestens Diplom / Master
- MS-Office : detaillierte Spezialkenntnisse
- Deutsch : mindestens verhandlungssicher
- Englisch : mindestens verhandlungssicher
- Experience in analysing, developing, and communicating complex information with compelling messaging and storytelling
- Expertise in researching, drafting, writing and editing speeches, talking points, key messages on behalf of the CEO and other Executives Strategic analytical thinking skills with demonstrated excellence in creating and articulating ideas
- A person who ist a news junkie, passionate about current events, geopolitics, history; understand how to put defence and space challenges into perspective and context
- A person who ist motivated by the Airbus Purpose – to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world – and the challenge of making it relevant in a defence company (internally & externally)
- The ability to contextualise and prioritise
- A person who is paying attention to details, the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple assignments simultaneously with multiple teams in different functions and regions
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting deadlines and commitments
- A solid understanding of content performance analysis and continuous improvement
- A teamworker and transparency in the day to day work
- Ease with high-level stakeholders, and comfortable in multi-cultural, complex environment
- Unbefristeter Arbeitsvertrag
- Überdurchschnittliche Gehaltskonditionen (ERA IG-Metall-Tarif)
- Motivierendes Arbeitsklima mit ausgezeichneten Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten
- Flexible Gestaltung der Arbeitszeit (Gleitzeitkonto)
- Mitarbeiter-Events, kurze Entscheidungswege und vieles mehr